A magical time when we can reflect on the fun of the summer in pics that have been collected in Facebook albums. When the air gets cooler in the evenings and you're drawn back inside, away from the fire pit, and closer to the laptop. When we empty our bank accounts to fill up backpacks and send the kids back to school with a few new freckles and smiles on their little faces.
It's exciting because September is also the time when our minds can refocus on work and we find ourselves prepared to take on the fall and finish the year with a strong fourth quarter. The beginning of fall is the perfect time to revisit our online marketing strategies and adjust as necessary.
We're recharged, we're feeling good, we too might have a few new freckles, and now we're ready to start fresh in September.
Here are a few tips to help you jump into a successful online marketing plan this fall:
- Don't waste any time. If your summertime online marketing efforts (or lack thereof) didn't help you achieve a goal that you set out to reach, don't spend time feeling bad about it. Focus your energy on what you can do going forward to get back on track.
- Re-evaluate regular tasks. It is common during the summer to run at "status quo" rather than implementing new initiatives. Given the number of "out of office" replies we sometimes receive during July and August, it's understandable. Now's the time to analyze and adjust that strategy.
- Look for new opportunities. Did you meet new people during the summer months? Find them on LinkedIn. Reconnect with current contacts. Look for new networking event coming up this month and beyond.
- Set new targets. Is there something new you've been thinking about adding to your online marketing approach? Perhaps video marketing, or the addition of a new social platform? Now's the time to add this to your goals list.
- Ditch the excuses. Yeah, the kids were home, the sun was out, the campground was calling your name... there are many additional activities going on during the summer months that serve as excellent distractions. It's time to stop making excuses (but you already knew that, right?)
Does this mean the fun has to be over?
Of course not! It just means that the fun is now back online and is just getting started.
And also that offline fun now includes raking leaves...
Go ahead, pretend that that pile of leaves is money!